Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time REGISTRAR. To begin the application process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.
For a detailed job summary, continue reading.
The Second Baptist School REGISTRAR must be able to perform a variety of tasks in the areas of enrollment, scheduling, academic performance, and standardized testing. Registrar work is performed under the direction of the head of upper school and the director of college guidance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be willing and able to:
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform other related work to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Spend time focusing on small details.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; a master’s degree in education or teaching experience is preferred.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
REGISTRAR JOB SUMMARY.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare transcripts for all students new to upper school.
- Prepare and maintain accurate class lists and transcripts for all students
- Complete withdrawal forms for each student who departs Second Baptist School.
- Assist with course requests input.
- Maintain lists of courses taught currently and previously in upper school.
- Set up on-campus summer school courses, oversee online registration and assist students with off-campus summer school registration.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student academic performance.
- Update records accurately and completely as required by the school administration to report student performance and activities.
- Proctor PSAT testing, assist with ERB achievement testing and Advanced Placement testing each spring.
- Enter test results for each student
- Actively participate in school departmental and parent meetings.
- Obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities that include social and sporting events, club and student organization meetings.
Ideal candidates should have at least three or more years of school experience and/or hold an advanced degree. Advanced Placement training/experience, independent school experience, and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are all considered a plus.
To begin the application process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.