Science Teacher - Middle School
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time SCIENCE TEACHER for the 2019-2020 school year.
A Second Baptist School teacher must be able to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a secondary classroom that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teacher work is performed under the supervision of the head of middle school.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be willing and able to:
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Perform other related work to accomplish the objectives of the total school program
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of Second Baptist School
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; a master’s degree in education is preferred
- State certification in teaching in appropriate subject area
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able
CLASSROOM TEACHER JOB SUMMARY.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests in accordance with established procedures
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Second Baptist School
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by school administration
- Actively participate in school departmental and parent meetings.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development to provide appropriate feedback and prepare required reports on students and activities
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students, colleagues and parents
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails
- Participate in appropriate professional activities
- Participate in extracurricular activities that include social and sporting events, club and student organization meetings
Ideal candidates should have at least three or more years of teaching experience and/or hold a teacher certification from a state agency or school accreditation agency. An advanced degree, Advanced Placement training/experience, independent school teaching, coaching and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School is all considered a plus.
To begin the application process click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION form or button.