Alumni Relations Coordinator - Office of Advancement
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time ALUMNI RELATIONS COORDINATOR. This is an eleven-month position from August 1 through June 30.
The ALUMNI RELATIONS COORDINATOR, under the general direction of the director of advancement, will coordinate alumni programs and services designed to foster and strengthen the relationship between the school and its alumni. The alumni relations coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing long-term and short-term strategic goals to support our conviction that Second Baptist School is a world-class institution founded on biblical principles.
- Manage the alumni experience and engage in frequent, meaningful interaction with alumni, staff, faculty, volunteers and students.
- Plan and execute activities and events to increase engagement and promote lifelong relationships and learning with current and future alumni. Network in and beyond the Second Baptist community.
- Establish and meet measurable goals to increase the number of alumni on campus attending events, alumni children enrolled at SBS and the number of alumni visible to our students.
- Serve as a liaison to alumni to keep them connected to each other and SBS through correspondence, social media, emails, cultivation and invitations to events.
- Develop a coordinated strategy of alumni communication, solicitation and stewardship. Establish and meet measurable goals to increase alumni giving.
- Maintain and manage all aspects of SBS alumni social media accounts.
- Provide content and update information for the alumni section of the school website.
- Collect alumni notes by class year and write longer format features about alumni for the Eagle magazine.
- Send care packages to most recently graduated class (college freshmen) before their first round of final exams in the fall.
- Select, design, order and promote several merchandise items for giveaways and gifts.
- Plan, publicize and execute all alumni events within budget
- Plan and execute alumni college dinners on the Texas College Tour, and serve as chaperone.
- Publicize and host the alumni table/tent at home football games, Flight Night and Spring Swing.
- Attend (and assist as needed) upper school events regularly to build rapport with future alumni.
- Attend and assist admissions events, with specific attention given to alumni prospectives. Effectively communicate the school’s strengths and characteristics to prospective alumni families. Assist with execution and promotion of Future Eagles Club.
- General support of all advancement department’s initiatives and events.
- Develop a two-year plan with measurable goals to update and maintain accurate data.
- Work with senior students in the spring semester to introduce them to the alumni relations program and to nominate their class agents.
- Maintain close relationships with all class agents, and solicit their help for collecting alumni news and promoting alumni events.
- Annually help class agents to plan and facilitate their reunions every five years.
OTHER DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the execution of the senior class graduation portrait.
- Assist with the selection process of the annual distinguished alumni and alumni parents’ awards.
CANDIDATE SUMMARY. We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school wide initiatives.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, multitasking and relationship building skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to build relationships and promote a culture that reflects the school’s mission and values.
- Responsible stewardship of the school’s resources and willingness to make a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click Request an Application
to begin the application process.