Upper School - MATH
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time MATH teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Position Title: Upper School Math Teacher
Campus Location: SBS Woodway
Reports To: Head of Upper School
A Second Baptist School teacher must be able to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a secondary classroom that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teacher work is performed under the supervision of the head of upper school, the dean of students and the dean of academics.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be willing and able to:
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
Perform other related work to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
Meet professional teacher education requirements of Second Baptist School.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; a master’s degree in education is preferred.
State certification in teaching in appropriate subject area.
A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
CLASSROOM TEACHER JOB SUMMARY.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Second Baptist School.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by school administration
- Actively participate in school departmental and parent meetings.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development to provide appropriate feedback and prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students, colleagues and parents.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests and assignments.
- Obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities that include social and sporting events, club and student organization meetings.
Ideal candidates should have at least three or more years of teaching experience and/or hold a teacher certification from a state agency or school accreditation agency. An advanced degree, Advanced Placement training/experience, independent school teaching, coaching and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School is all considered a plus.
Candidates should click on the Request an Application button to begin the application process.