Director of Curriculum and Worldview
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM AND WORLDVIEW for the 2021-2022 school year.
Position Title: Director of Curriculum and Worldview
Campus Location: SBS Woodway
Date Posted: January 2021
Reports To: Head of School
Work Hours: 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Work Calendar: Eleven Months (August - June)
The director of curriculum and worldview is a member of the school leadership team. He/she plays a pivotal role in furthering the mission of Second Baptist School by promoting the school’s core values and portrait of a graduate distinctives. The director of curriculum and worldview will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing development, implementation, direction and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and worldview development.
- Create, continually refine and execute the vision for and direction of SBS curriculum and worldview development.
- Work alongside the academic team and Bible teams on curriculum design and planning, student learning, assessment and professional development for faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop methods of evaluating existing curricula and assessing the quality of classroom instruction.
- Ensure curriculum alignment and worldview development across grade levels and divisions.
- Create a system for tracking and organizing curriculum and worldview documents and resources.
- Observe teachers and provide regular feedback.
- Develop, implement and manage worldview development initiatives, such as discipleship programming, character development, leadership opportunities, parent education series and service projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to students.
- Have the heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school activities and school-wide initiatives.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be flexible and shift gears quickly based on situations or changing priorities.
- Show strong leadership skills (i.e.; provide a clear vision of the function, build trust, provide motivation to team members, hold self and others accountable, and give feedback) that guide actions and support others in the achievement of goals.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to develop reasonable solutions to navigate complex problems and systems.
- Demonstrate an evident track record of excellence in work habits with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills to provide clear guidance, instructions or information.
- Be able to use technology with confidence and ease and have a working knowledge of Google Suite (i.e. Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; a master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Have prior experience in Christian education; teaching experience required.
Personal and Professional Growth and Development
In accordance with the Second Baptist School Portrait of a Graduate, candidates must possess a collaborative and creative growth mindset. Participating in professional development opportunities throughout the year, networking with like-minded peers outside of Second Baptist School, and focusing on accomplishing goals is a must. Through the generosity of the Second Baptist School community, monetary support is given for participation in applicable professional development opportunities around the country.
Independent school experience and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are considered a plus. Candidates should Request an Application
to begin the process.