Arts Department - ARTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time ARTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT for the 2020-2021 school year.
Position Title: Arts Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Director of Arts
Work Hours: 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Work Calendar: Eleven Month: August-June (some work in July)
The Arts Department of Second Baptist School is a multi-genre department made up of instrumental music, choral studies, theatre arts and visual arts. The ARTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT works with the Director of Arts and the entire arts team to cultivate relationships with parents and students in the arts and the Second Baptist School community. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, proactive in the execution of tasks and interested in joining a dynamic and engaging team
- Greet visitors, answer/resolve phone calls, manage all incoming and outgoing mail, and assist the Director of Arts with correspondence.
- Maintain the schedule for the Director of Arts. Coordinate the scheduling of department meetings. Prepare meeting agendas. Attend all departmental meetings, taking notes and distributing minutes when necessary.
- Maintain department records and files, which may include confidential information.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the departmental budget. Produce monthly budget tracking reports for each departmental area.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting department invoices and deposits for processing. Work with accounting staff to ensure department ledgers are correct. Prepare department requisitions, reimbursements, purchase orders and check requests.
- Schedule all facility requests for the Arts Department. Assist with preparations and arrangements for special events, shows, concerts and projects.
- Order and maintain the inventory of department supplies.
- Serve as the department manager for musical and theatre productions using ticketing platforms. Monitor and report ticket sales. Document and implement marketing ideas for department shows, concerts and theatrical performances.
- Assist with setup and scheduling of Art Patrons Board Meetings. Organize priority seating for Arts Patrons, Director’s Circle members and underwriters during events.
- Possess a strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a Christian role model to students.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Have 3-5 years of independent/private school or college experience in education, arts or the private sector. Fundraising, marketing or communications considered a plus.
- Is a demonstrated self-starter and can quickly learn new skills.
- Have notable written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the heart to provide exceptional customer service.
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all the arts students and families.
- Be able to use technology with confidence and ease having a working knowledge of Google Suite (i.e. Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Forms, etc.).
- Have a mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel; use of Blackbaud K-12 suite products or similar independent school products. Knowledge of iMovie and Adobe Premiere Pro considered a plus.
- Experience with bookkeeping and/or moderate accounting.
- Available and able to assist with all arts events often occurring after work hours.
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and have a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
- Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Standard professional office environment
- Regular use of standard office equipment and working at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Due to the nature of this department, candidates must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, expect to work some in July and attend meetings, rehearsals, productions and events after work hours.
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School is considered a plus. Candidates should click on the request and Applications button to begin the application process.