Office of Admissions - EVENT COORDINATOR
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time ADMISSIONS EVENT COORDINATOR. This position is eleven months.
The event coordinator works in conjunction with the director of admissions and the admissions team to build relationships with prospective families and community partners to attract mission-appropriate students to Second Baptist School. The ideal candidate is a self-starter interested in joining a dynamic and engaging team. The admissions event coordinator:
- Coordinates creative and logistics for all Office of Admissions events and tours.
- Conducts and oversees essential Blackbaud K-12 suite admissions functions related to application processing, event posting and data collection.
- Staffs and maintains the front office and lobby of the Office of Admissions.
- Coordinates financial accounting for the admissions budget.
- Coordinates the Parent Ambassador Program and the Future Eagles Club.
- Coordinates admissions promotional items.
All members of the admissions team showcase Second Baptist School to prospective students and families through tours, student visits, and unique campus experiences including athletic events and arts performances. Team members establish relationships with administrators, teachers and students to extend the presence of the admissions team. In accordance with the school mission, the event coordinator creates a vision for admissions events that reflect the essence and excellence of Second Baptist School.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree.
- Have 3-5 years independent/private school or college admissions experience or comparable event planning, advancement, fundraising, marketing or communications experience.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Have a heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- Possess experience in planning and executing major events including preview and open house experiences for students and families.
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level admissions activities and school-wide initiatives.
- Have mastery use of Microsoft Word and Excel; use of Blackbaud K-12 suite products or similar independent school products a plus; experience with planning applications such as Wunderlist, Monday or Trello.
- Be able to attend 2-3 monthly evening and weekend admissions and school events.
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School is considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Request and Application button to begin the application process.