Office of Advancement - EVENT COORDINATOR
The Office of Advancement at Second Baptist School is currently
seeking a full-time EVENT COORDINATOR
. This is an eleven-month position from August 1-June 30.
The ADVANCEMENT EVENT COORDINATOR
works under the leadership of the director of advancement and with the advancement team to assist with everything from event planning to fundraising. The event coordinator will be responsible for managing
assigned events, overseeing all aspects of event planning, including internal and external events. The goal of the Office of Advancement is to build relationships with SBS families.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with other departments of the school, parent volunteers and outside vendors.
- Knowledge and understanding of event planning, requirements and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities and performing complex tasks while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited
to the following
- Serve as the Office of Advancement receptionist, greeting all guests in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Provide clerical support to the director of advancement.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans for small and large-scale advancement events that present SBS in a consistent and excellent manner.
- Coordinate and implement administrative duties for the following:
- Parents Association Events
- Birthday Club
- Homecoming Student/Faculty & Staff Luncheon
- Uniform Resale
- Blue/Gold Spirit shirts distribution (Faculty/Staff)
- Effectively monitor and meet budget/time constraints as appropriate for advancement events.
- Collaborate with the Office of Communications to develop effective marketing pieces for each event.
- Monitor coffee supplies in faculty/staff break rooms, and maintain advancement office organization.
- Contribute to and participate in all Office of Advancement events.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A strong desire to serve in a Christian college preparatory school and support all school-wide initiatives.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- An energetic, flexible, positive and collaborative mindset.
- Proficiency in technology including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience in planning and executing large- and small-scale events.
- A self-starter with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Availability to attend evening school events as required.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered
a plus. Candidates should click the Request an Application button to begin the application process.