Upper School - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time UPPER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. The position is eleven months.
The UPPER SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT has responsibility for oversight of administrative tasks in the upper school office. This individual must be self-starting and independent with a basic understanding of customer service concepts. The upper school administrative assistant reports to the head of upper school.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED. To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Have a strong desire to be a part of the upper school team at Second Baptist School, a Christian college-preparatory school, which is a ministry of Second Baptist Church.
- Be detail-oriented with proven time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to be part of a team who pursues educational excellence and consistently seeks to advance the mission of Second Baptist School.
- Have a strong work ethic with multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills.
JOB SUMMARY. Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to parents and all SBS families.
- Manage calendar and schedule meetings for the head of upper school.
- With oversight from the head of upper school, track, manage and report on the upper school budget.
- Arrange substitute teachers and/or class coverage for faculty.
- Work with facilities to reserve rooms on campus.
- Manage reservations of upper school-specific rooms
- Perform clerical responsibilities: answer phone, greet visitors, respond to emails, assist with attendance, generate and send letters, and work with other school departments.
- Maintain information related to student safety including parking, lockdown and fire drills.
- Ordering supplies for faculty as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE SUMMARY. We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to support all school-wide initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in technology.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able
Independent school experience, administrative work experience and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are all considered a plus. Candidates should click the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button to begin the process.