Upper School - DEAN OF STUDENTS
Second Baptist School is currently
seeking a full-time UPPER SCHOOL DEAN OF STUDENTS
. The position is eleven months.
The upper school DEAN OF STUDENTS
has overall responsibility for guiding upper school students through spiritual, academic, social and leadership development. This individual serves on the academic team, upper school leadership team, and reports to the head of upper school. In addition, the dean is charged
with building strong partnerships with families and community, creating a safe, supportive school climate, and effectively
managing operational, technical and staff issues to promote instructional progress.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED. To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Possess a strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students
- Have a strong desire to be a part of the leadership team at Second Baptist School, a Christian college-preparatory school, which is a ministry of Second Baptist Church.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Consistently desire to have a growth mindset that embodies the school’s pursuit of excellence.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to partner with parents in the rearing of their child.
. Essential functions of the job include but are not limited
to the following
- Spiritual discipleship of upper school students.
- Character development opportunities for upper school students.
- Oversight of upper school student discipline.
- Support and coaching of faculty in classroom management.
- Oversight and management of student attendance.
- Support of and participation in upper school events that include Freshman and Senior Retreat, Interim Term, admission events, and similar after-school events in athletics and arts.
- Coordinate Sophomore Seminar.
- Coordinate safety drills, including fire and lockdown.
- Support the head of school in leading the implementation of school improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE SUMMARY. We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- A minimum of five years of secondary classroom teaching experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of excellence in the field of education.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Independent school teaching/administrative experience, coaching experience and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are all considered a plus. Candidates should click the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button to begin the process.