Office of Communications - VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Office of Communications at Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time, eleven-month VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST.
Under the general direction of the director of communications, the VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST must be an effective and competent contributor to the communications, marketing and publications of Second Baptist School. The primary purpose of this position is to capture and communicate the story of SBS through photography and videography.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Be an established photographer with a portfolio to demonstrate photographic ability. Videography experience is preferred.
- Have advanced knowledge of photography processes, design and communications concepts and applicable computer software for editing and publishing (Adobe Creative Cloud) to produce final products for school departments and external vendors.
- Have advanced interpersonal communications skills to work effectively with departments and provide design advice and consultation for all aspects of visual communications.
- Possess critical thinking/analytical skills, advanced organizational and time-management skills and proactive problem-solving/problem resolution skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use and understand a branded style guide to convey the school’s message. Exceptional grammar and editing skills are considered a plus.
Essential duties of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as photographer for all school events, attending weekend or evening school events as required.
- Identify potential storytelling opportunities, gather all content and creatively share through the website, social media and other sources.
- Conceive and develop visual concepts through photography, videography and design to convey authentic messages to the school community.
- Contribute to and manage the school’s social media strategy for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media venues. Collaborate with the marketing coordinator to determine crossover impact.
- Work closely with all school areas to understand communications requirements, determine most appropriate media (photography, design and/or videography), and create cost-effective solutions to extend the message of the school.
- Effectively meet budget and time constraints; use project management software (Trello) to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Serve as a regular and contributing photographer, writer and editor for Eagle magazine.
- Manage school (individual and class) pictures process and work with external vendor.
- Perform skilled analysis, evaluation and correction of written materials posted online or in publications.
- Further the school’s brand with common visual standards for the use of logos, typefaces, colors, etc.
- Monitor clear communications objectives and link values into every communication. Ensure all communications add value to (instead of dilute) the brand.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, public relations, journalism, photography, media, film or a related discipline.
- Proven experience as a writer, photographer or videographer with advanced editing skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Candidates with independent school marketing/communications experience and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are considered a plus. To begin the process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.