Office of Advancement - SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time SYSTEMS SPECIALIST in the Office of Advancement. This is an eleven-month position from August 1 through June 30.
The SYSTEMS SPECIALIST, under the general direction of the director of advancement, will be the primary contact for Blackbaud - Raiser’s Edge program. The role will be responsible for the management of the Raiser’s Edge database, including additions and changes to individual records. As part of the advancement team, the SYSTEMS SPECIALIST will develop and implement long-term and short-term strategic goals to support our conviction that Second Baptist School is a world-class institution founded on biblical principles.
Essential job functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all volunteers and facilitate all volunteer opportunities for SBS parents.
- Mail acknowledgment letters for all gifts and pledges made to the SBS Foundation.
- Run queries as needed for the Office of Advancement and other areas of the school.
- Plan events throughout the year to onboard new families.
- Assist Welcome Team with onboarding and communicating to new SBS families.
- Serve as EagleFest systems support for mobile bidding, online registration and auction catalog.
- Assist the EagleFest auction chair and committee with the EagleFest Auction.
- Assign blue/gold shirt designation to new SBS families. Maintain blue/gold database and t-shirt sizes, including t-shirt distribution.
- Assist with Blue/Gold competition for EagleFest.
- Assist where needed with Office of Advancement responsibilities, events and functions.
- Attend special events as required for evening or weekend projects.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Google Docs and Sheets.
- A dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school-wide initiatives.
- A self-starter with strong organizational, multitasking and relationship building skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and their families.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to build relationships and promote a culture that reflects the school’s mission and values.
- Responsible stewardship of the school’s resources and willingness to make a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click Request an Application to begin the application process.