Upper School Admissions Coordinator - Office of Admissions
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time UPPER SCHOOL ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR. This is an eleven-month position from August 1 through June 30.
The UPPER SCHOOL ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR, under the general direction of the director of admissions, is responsible for building relationships with prospective students and families for grades 9-12 and guiding them through the admissions process. Through unique campus engagement, including, school events and tours, the coordinator introduces upper school student life, including academic, arts and athletic programs, to candidates and their families.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND APPLICANT MANAGEMENT
- Develop relationships with prospective families through phone calls, emails and event interaction.
- Guide prospective families through application and decision process.
- Maintain positive relationships with families who do not choose or are not invited to SBS.
- Connect prospective families with other SBS departments including academics, arts and athletics.
- Create, coordinate implement admissions events for upper school candidates and applicants with appropriate admissions and school staff.
- Plan, schedule and lead individual and student-led tours.
- Build relationships with feeder schools and organize school visits to introduce SBS to their middle school students and families.
- With upper school faculty, staff and student ambassadors, coordinate and plan Shadow Days for prospective students.
- Train students chosen as Shadow Day hosts.
- Coordinate upper school prospective student interviews with the upper school administrative team.
- Plan and organize decision meetings for upper school candidates.
ADMISSIONS PREFECT AND STUDENT AMBASSADORS
- Coordinate Student Ambassador Program with the Admissions Prefect.
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS TEAM
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the Office of Admissions.
- Collect and report data on upper school admissions activities.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of all Office of Admissions on-campus and off-campus events and activities related to admission for grades PK3 – 12.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school wide initiatives.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, multitasking and relationship building skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to build relationships and promote a culture that reflects the school’s mission and values.
- Responsible stewardship of the school’s resources and willingness to make a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.