Marketing Coordinator - Office of Admissions
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time MARKETING COORDINATOR. This is an eleven-month position from August 1 through June 30.
The MARKETING COORDINATOR, under the general direction of the director of admissions, is responsible for promoting Second Baptist School (SBS) outside the immediate community to attract prospective students, increase overall awareness and reach annual enrollment goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive external marketing strategy that aligns with the mission and passion of SBS.
- Create and send email marketing and outreach content through automated email platform.
- Maintain awareness of media alerts (news, local and national).
- Identify opportunities for the school to be featured in the news by building relationships with local media.
- Design and create digital and print advertising and promotional materials through collaboration with the Office of Communications.
- Collaborate on the Office of Admissions SBS website pages including design, content and updates; stay up-to-date with all Blackbaud School website functionality and enhancements to maximize the website as it relates to the Office of Admissions.
- Develop and implement strategies for admissions and marketing social media accounts; research and implement other relevant social media platforms.
- Coordinate promotional items for the Office of Admissions.
- Film and package videos for admissions and marketing purposes.
- Monitor and update the school’s presence on crowdsourcing education websites.
- Collaborate with third party marketing organizations and vendors, as applicable, to accomplish marketing plan (video, printing, etc.).
- Collect data and report regularly on the progress and success of marketing efforts and adjust as warranted.
- Be well-versed in the national, regional and Houston independent school market; follow and appropriately implement marketing trends.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS /ABILITIES REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
- Experience in a professional marketing and communications role with strong working knowledge of terms, technology relating to the marketing/public relations industry. Previous work experience in an independent school setting is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software programs necessary to create and design publications in-house.
- Proficiency in and experience with content management systems and various social media platforms.
- Experience in video production with established portfolio.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school wide initiatives.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, multitasking and relationship building skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to build relationships and promote a culture that reflects the school’s mission and values.
- Responsible stewardship of the school’s resources and willingness to make a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Ideal candidates should have at least three or more years of school experience. Independent school experience and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are all considered a plus.
To begin the application process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.