Director of Arts
The arts department at Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time DIRECTOR OF ARTS. This is an eleven-month position from August 1 through June 30.
The DIRECTOR OF ARTS at Second Baptist School is responsible for the management of the arts department. In accordance with the mission of the school, the director creates a vision for the arts department, which reflects the standard of excellence known at Second Baptist School. The director leads and supports visual, performing and theatre arts in all divisions.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of best practices in arts education and how they align with a Christ-centered education philosophy
- High level of expertise in planning and executing large scale productions, events and experience in non-profit fundraising
- Self-starter with strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a focus in education (preferred) and experience in a K-12 comprehensive arts program; classroom experience is preferred
- Dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level arts activities and school wide initiatives
- Desire to build and promote a culture that reflects the school’s mission and values
- Ability to effectively communicate the school’s strengths and characteristics to prospective families and assist in the admission process for the interviewing and evaluating of applicants
- Strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students
- Adept at engaging with students and families; helpful in making parents confident in their choice of Second Baptist School
- Demonstrated ability to lead in all levels of the school
- Heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and make a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School considered a plus. Candidates should click the Request an Application button to begin the application process.