Varsity Coach, Golf
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a VARSITY GOLF COACH. To begin the application process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.
For a detailed job summary, continue reading.
The goal of the Department of Athletics at Second Baptist School is to provide an environment of competition, cooperation and teamwork for our students that glorifies God and provides valuable life lessons. Winning the contest is important to any competitor, but the lessons learned in the heat of competition are the most important attributes to be gained from the contest.
A Second Baptist School coach must be able to plan, organize and implement an appropriate athletic program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential as an athlete, but more importantly, as an outstanding citizen. SBS offers a wide variety of teams to choose from and coaches encourage all students to try out for any and all sports offered. Coaching work is performed under the supervision of the director of athletics. The ideal candidate must:
- Have a personal and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school-wide initiatives
- Possess a strong desire to coach and develop athletes in both the middle and upper school levels
- Be committed to carrying out the policies and procedures of the SBS athletic handbook and assume responsibilities for all matters assigned by the school and the director of athletics
- Be committed to all of the ministries of Second Baptist Church and a model of faithfulness in weekly Bible study and worship services
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and personally support the school’s fundraising efforts at a level as able
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Have prior experience in coaching and/or collegiate playing experience
- Possess the ability to mentor student athletes in their Christian faith, athletic skills and life skills
- Be adept at engaging with student athletes and families; helpful in making parents confident in their choice of Second Baptist School
- Understand and embrace Christian education, having a biblical perspective on athletics and competition
- Be able to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Be personable, energetic and approachable
- Report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Be committed to further education in a related field
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues
- Be proficient in technology
Coaching experience, teacher certification and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Request an Application button to begin the application process.