Mission and Distinctives
The Portrait of a Second Baptist School Graduate was written and adopted as a key priority in the 2017-2020 strategic plan. The Portrait clarifies what we seek to accomplish in the hearts, minds and lives of our students. The result of in-depth research, discussion and collaboration — including more than 400 faculty, staff, students, SBC pastors, parents, alumni and alumni parents — the Portrait of a Second Baptist School Graduate truly reflects the combined aspirations of our community.
The Portrait of a Second Baptist School Graduate is a statement of outcomes: the qualities we are collectively committed to helping our students develop in and out of the classroom.
We will use the Portrait of a Second Baptist School Graduate, in tandem with our core values, as a guide to conscientiously evaluate our programs, our curriculum and our approach to the classroom. With a clear vision for every SBS graduate, we will pursue this vision with the passion and purpose each student deserves to be fully equipped to change the world!
- Graduates value intellectual curiosity.
- Graduates synthesize information and make connections.
- Graduates solve problems.
- Graduates pursue a personal relationship with Christ.
- Graduates commit themselves to developing a biblical worldview.
- Graduates live for the honor and glory of God.
- Graduates demonstrate discernment.
- Graduates serve with compassion.
- Graduates inspire others.