Second Baptist School founded in 1946,
is an independent college preparatory institution that provides academic, social, physical and spiritual instruction based on sound educational and biblical principles. Second Baptist School offers challenging, disciplined learning environments for students in grades Pre-K through 12 and admits students without regard to race, religion or economic background.
As a self-supporting ministry of the Second Baptist Church of Houston, the school enjoys the use of nearly 1,000,000 square feet of educational and recreational facilities on a 42 acre, Memorial area campus. Graduates of Second Baptist School have attended more than 100 different colleges and universities throughout the United Sates.
|Upper School Admissions Coordinator|
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time Upper School Admissions Coordinator. This position is twelve months.
The Upper School Admissions Coordinator works in conjunction with the Admissions Director and Admissions team to build relationships with prospective families and community partners to attract mission-appropriate students to Second Baptist School.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter interested in joining a dynamic and engaging team. The Upper School Coordinator showcases the Upper School to prospective students and families through tours, student visits, and unique campus experiences including athletic events and fine arts performances. The coordinator establishes relationships with administrators, teachers and students to extend the Admissions team. In accordance with the School’s mission, the coordinator will create a vision for Upper School admissions and strategically execute that vision.
- Possess a strong desire to serve in a Christian college preparatory school
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree
- Have 3-5 years independent/private school or college admissions experience or comparable advancement, fundraising, marketing or communications experience
- Possess experience in planning and executing major events including preview and open house experiences for students and families
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient in technology; website development and management a plus
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level admissions activities and school-wide initiatives
- Have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to attend 2-3 monthly evening and weekend admissions and school events
Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Apply Now button to begin the application process.
|Upper School English Teacher|
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a full-time English teacher in the Upper School English Department for the spring semester of the 2014-2015 school year. Course load will include English III and possibly AP English Literature. The ideal candidate must:
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree
- Have prior teaching experience
- Be distinguished from peers as truly outstanding
- Be proficient in technology
- Possess a strong desire to teach in a Christian college preparatory school
An advanced degree, Advanced Placement training/experience, coaching experience, teacher certification and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Apply Now button to begin the application process.
Second Baptist School is currently seeking substitute teachers for Lower School, Middle School and Upper School. Candidates must have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects this relationship. Prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School is considered a plus. Our mission is to train students in areas of knowledge so they may understand clearly, think deeply, judge wisely, and live their lives on biblical truth. Candidates should click on the Apply Now button to begin the application process.
Second Baptist School is currently accepting tutor applications. Our mission is to train students in areas of knowledge so they may understand clearly, think deeply, judge wisely, and live their lives on biblical truth. Candidates should click on the Apply Now button to begin the application process.
- Medical and Life Insurance Plan (employee premiums paid 100% for select plan)
- Optional Dental, Vision, Additional Life and AFLAC plans
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Financial support for graduate study
- Laptop computers for faculty
- Faculty/Staff Tuition Schedule
- Mentoring program for new faculty
- Professional Development opportunities