Second Baptist School founded in 1946,
is an independent college preparatory institution that provides academic, social, physical and spiritual instruction based on sound educational and biblical principles. Second Baptist School offers challenging, disciplined learning environments for students in grades Pre-K through 12 and admits students without regard to race, religion or economic background.
As a self-supporting ministry of the Second Baptist Church of Houston, the school enjoys the use of nearly 1,000,000 square feet of educational and recreational facilities on a 42 acre, Memorial area campus. Graduates of Second Baptist School have attended more than 100 different colleges and universities throughout the United Sates.
Second Baptist School is currently seeking two sub-varsity volleyball coaches for the 2014-2015 school year. These are stipend only positions. Qualified candidates should:
- Have prior coaching experience
- Possess a strong desire to coach at a Christian college preparatory school
- Be willing to obtain a commercial driver’s license (Class C)
An advanced degree, teacher certification and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Apply Now button at secondbaptistschool.org/employment to begin the application process. Resumes should be sent directly to the athletic director, Jeff Schroeder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upper School Spanish|
Second Baptist School seeks to fill a full-time Spanish teaching position in the Upper School Second Language Department for the 2014-2015 school year. Course load will include Spanish I and Spanish IV. The ideal candidate must:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Have prior teaching experience (not in ESL but rather in Spanish language instruction)
- Be distinguished from peers as truly outstanding
- Be able to demonstrate strengths in the areas of language instruction and acquisition
- Possess a strong desire to teach in a Christian college preparatory school
Being a native Spanish speaker, holding an advanced degree, teacher certification, AP training/experience, coaching experience, and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should click the Apply Now button to begin the application process.
- Medical and Life Insurance Plan (employee premiums paid 100% for select plan)
- Optional Dental, Vision, Additional Life and AFLAC plans
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Financial support for graduate study
- Laptop computers for faculty
- Faculty/Staff Tuition Schedule
- Mentoring program for new faculty
- Professional Development opportunities